(Senior) Legal Counsel - Marketing
Do you find ensuring legal adherence in Marketing exciting? Are you someone who enjoys taking part in projects by providing business oriented legal support with a “can do” attitude?
Join our Legal team, act as a legal business partner and support our Head of Business Affairs Media & Marketing! You’ll ensure that our business clients have adequate legal support for day-to-day operations, such as supporting contract drafting and general legal assessments. In addition, by training them you’ll empower the business to handle standard legal tasks on their own. You’ll also ensure that all consumer activations & participatory events are GDPR compliant and support the provision of in-time solutions adapted to the business’ needs.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE & SUPPORT
You’ll focus on providing legal advice and support to our Event marketing, Brand marketing and Production Management colleagues. This includes drafting and revising event sponsorship agreements based on third party templates and own templates, you’ll draft terms of participation, consult standard data privacy questions and revise the role sort; furthermore, you’ll draft and revise production service agreements.
KNOWLEDGE SHARING TRAININGS
You’ll play a vital role in driving knowledge sharing across the organization, as you’ll be conducting regular training sessions.
DRAFTING & IMPLEMENTATION OF TEMPLATES
In this role, you’ll be revising existing templates and produce legal webinars to increase efficiency across the business.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- 4-6 years PQE (preferred) in a top tier law firm (with media and/or marketing focus), or in an international TV production company, or a FMCG company or similar
- European law degree:
- If German law degree, I. and II. State Exam (“Volljurist”); at least one with excellence “Prädikat”.
- If ‘Austrian law degree, at least two years experience in a law firm.
- Advanced professional education in copyright and media law e.g. LL.M is an advantage or for German lawyers “Fachanwaltskurs für Urheber- und Medienrecht” is a plus
- Fluent in English, German or any other language is considered a plus
- Profound knowledge in civil law and a keen sense for legal contexts
- Excellent knowledge of copyright, contract and marketing/media law
- Excellent knowledge of international business standards in the media and marketing industry
- Experience of working with other jurisdictions especially in US or UK or EU
- Independent, clear structured and precise way of working
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Highly motivated and resilient character with good social and communication skills
JOIN THE TEAM
Got what it takes?
In your application we want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.
Due to legal reasons we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position, which is EUR 2,405 gross per month. However, our attractive compensation package is based on market-oriented salaries and is therefore significantly above the stated minimum salary. As an employer, we value diversity and support people in developing their potential and strengths, realizing their ideas and seizing opportunities. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, skin colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or origin.