(Senior) Data Scientist
Do you have the required Data Science skills to drive real impact at one of the most recognizable brands globally?
In this role, you will contribute to global Data Science projects to enable business stakeholders to make better data-driven decisions. You will work closely with other team members and business stakeholders to build, run, and improve data science products. You will focus on statistical analyses to solve ad-hoc business problems to generate impact. Finally, never content with the status-quo, you will also be responsible for innovation – for instance by introducing new data-driven business ideas, new statistical methods, new data products, or by supporting new business processes.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
DELIVER PROJECTS PART OF EXISTING DATA SCIENCE SERVICE LINES
You will support the team by efficiently managing, running, and delivering Data Science projects. This end-to-end approach includes everything from project scoping, execution, quality assurance, and delivery via convincing presentations. Your main focus within the data science projects will be machine learning modelling.
You will build close relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Thanks to your collaborative attitude and ability to absorb constructive feedback, you will maximize the likelihood of making each and every Data Science initiative a success for the company.
SUPPORT THE DATA SCIENCE MANAGER
You will support with documentation, impact tracking, pipeline planning, preparing materials for the planning cycles, internal trainings, onboarding new colleagues, internal and external outreach and more.
Not content focusing exclusively on existing service lines and initiatives, you will actively think along and propose new ways of generating even more value for our stakeholders.
SUPPORT & GUIDE DS COLLEAGUES ON STATISTICAL AND ML METHODOLOGY
You will work inside the Data Science Team and you will support them with theoretical and applied understanding of Stats, Probability and ML Algorithms to ensure top notch quality in data modelling and stats related topics. In your new role you will take responsibility for developing conceptual, logical, and physical statistical/ML models that support various data-driven projects and you make sure to ensure the consistency with the data standards used across the organization. Therefore, taking responsibility in translating an idea into a mathematical model is key. You will design, develop, and maintain statistical/ML models within a data-driven platform. You will work in close collaboration with architects, engineers, product owners, and data experts.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science. Previous experience working as a Machine Learning Expert is a plus
- Masters or Doctorate in relevant field, for instance: Mathematics, Statistics, Science (including data, behavioural, social, econ, ...)
- Good command of English, both spoken and written. German a plus
- Previous experience managing a team is a plus
- Programming: know at least one of R, Python, SQL with the ability and willingness to learn the other two
- Data Literacy: ability to prepare datasets ensuring top quality such that essence of said data and the implications for the problem at hand can be grasped quickly
- Statistical Reasoning: theoretical and applied understanding of Stats, Probability and ML Algorithms and know how to use these tools to reduce uncertainty in a business context (regression, visualization)
- Technical Literacy: applied understanding of modern computing allows the candidate to do things which go beyond the strict definition of Data Science (git, API calls, web crawling, …)
- Presentation Skills: present coherent data stories at the appropriate level of abstraction given the audience
- Stakeholder Management: skilled at building mutually beneficial connections with functional stakeholders is a plus
- Pragmatic Critical Thinking: intuitively consider relevant costs/benefits in all decisions and act accordingly
- Outcome Driven: highly motivated to add value and to demonstrate that impact to the organization
- Scientific Reasoning/ Scoping: ability to define and formulate new questions, in addition to answering given ones
- Grit: proven capability to see things through to the end even if initial feedback is discouraging
JOIN THE TEAM
Got what it takes?
In your application we want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.
Due to legal reasons, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary according to the collective agreement for this position, which is EUR 2,805 gross per month. However, our attractive compensation package is based on market-oriented salaries and is therefore significantly above the stated minimum salary. As an employer, we value diversity and support people in developing their potential and strengths, realizing their ideas and seizing opportunities. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, skin colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or origin.