News Desk Editor
News Desk Editor
News Desk Editor
Are you keen to help us amplify compelling stories and earn global media coverage?
We are seeking a skilled News Desk Editor to join our team and support the Red Bull Content Pool Editor in Chief. As the News Desk Editor, you'll be responsible for overseeing and managing our global news desk operations. In this critical role, you'll leverage your exceptional ability to source and develop engaging stories from our global network and produce high-quality and compelling story packages that drive global earned media coverage.
Areas that play to your strengths
All the responsibilities we'll trust you with:
- In this role, you'll oversee the global earned editorial strategy implementation for globally relevant projects and events, including conducting production research and securing editorial assets for the story packages for publication. You'll also play a key role in overseeing the development and distribution of our Weekly Media Advisory, our Red Bull Content Pool registered media newsletter. Finally, you'll develop and present earned media best practices, performance, and coverage for project stakeholders and broader teams.
- You'll play a crucial role in the planning and management of daily operations for the Red Bull Media House global news desk. This includes planning and reviewing story assignments and briefing and approving assignments for freelancers. In addition, you'll work closely with our commissioned freelance journalists and collaborate with HQ Network Teams and country-based Communication Managers to identify, program, and publish stories on Red Bull Content Pool that drive our earned media targets.
PARTNERING WITH THE BUSINESS
- As part of this role, you'll coordinate and analyse reporting metrics from news agency partners and B2B social channels while also servicing their content and editorial needs. Additionally, you'll provide support to our internal stakeholders on production kick-offs, project releases, and earned media strategies.
- Finally, you'll also conduct research on the media landscape and utilise editorial trends to inform and drive our editorial strategy for media partners. This will include developing earned media best practices, analysing performance and coverage, and presenting results to broader teams and project stakeholders.
Your areas of knowledge and expertise
that matter most for this role:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in journalism or media, with proven experience in newsroom management and coordination.
- A strong understanding of global news needs and a keen instinct for globally relevant stories.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work effectively as an agile team player.
- In addition to possessing a high level of creativity and critical thinking, you must have strong collaboration, execution, and organizational skills.
- Hands-on mentality to also support the team, key stakeholders, reporting and analysis processes.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Awareness of the global media industry, influential news and social media outlets, and global newswire agencies.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence and drive innovation.
- University degree in media production, marketing or other relevant studies
- Fluent in English, German is beneficial
- Travel 0-10%
JOIN THE TEAM
Got what it takes?
In your application we want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.
5330 Fuschl am See