Product Designer Protection (m/f/d)
If your love for skiing and your passion for exceptional product design are equally strong sources of motivation for you, the position of "Product Designer Protection" might just be right for you.
In this important role, you will be responsible for the design creation of the helmet-, goggle-, body protection- and pole ranges - from the bigger vision to trend research, through to seasonal creative briefs and hands-on industrial design work, to final design specifications and tech packs for product development. You will be working closely with internal stakeholders in product management, design and development, but also with external design- & supply chain partners.
KEY MISSION AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Contribution to continuous development of Atomic’s overall design language, and specific implementation of thereof into all protection product groups.
- Seasonal trend research (form & function, colors, materials, graphic themes...), including alignment and consolidation of findings with wider design- & product management community at Atomic.
- Development of seasonal creative brief, leading to clear color-, design-, & material concepts for all protection products.
- Creation of new industrial design projects and seasonal product designs, as well as management of seasonal design lifts, following product management briefs, overall design language and agreed seasonal trends – by using own resources, and by collaborating closely with external partners.
- Preparation and ongoing maintenance of detailed design tech packs, securing smooth product creation processes among Atomic-internal teams, external designers, and supply chain partners.
- Ongoing support of, and close collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g.: product management, design partners, supply chain partners, commercial teams).
YOUR PROFILE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in industrial design, or comparable studies.
- 3 years+ of professional industrial design experience, preferably in the field of sporting goods equipment.
- Thorough understanding of creative design processes, and manufacturing technologies, used for creating sporting goods equipment (e.g.: thermoplastic injection molding, composites, metals...)
- Design-thinking individual with high level of passion and curiosity for the best solution to known- and unknown needs, unique- & timeless aesthetic solutions, and with the ability to visualize their design visions digitally, but also by using analog tools.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and/or priorities with high levels of ownership and accountability.
- Sound proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D CAD software.
- Business-fluent English skills required; additional German language skill preferred.
- Self-motivated, creative team player with a pro-active and collaborative working style. Curious mindset and entrepreneurial attitude expected.
- Ability to communicate effectively with overseas suppliers and working with different cultures.
- Deeply passionate about product design, skiing, and the greater outdoors.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A varied, demanding, and self-responsible activity in the sports industry
- Comprehensive development and training opportunities
- Flexible working hours and home office possibility
- Attractive social and employee benefits
- Canteen on site
WHY JOIN US - NEVER STOP GETTING BETTER:
- Always Authentic: We stay true to who we are and build trusting relationships with integrity
- Better Together: We take our diverse expertise to new heights and team up to grow stronger
- Committed to Impact: We play the long game, guided by respect for people and our planet
- Driven to Excellence: We play fair, aim for excellence, and celebrate our wins
Compensation for this position is subject to the collective agreement for employees in the wood processing industry. Depending on your personal qualifications and vocational experience, we offer an appropriate payment in excess thereof for this highly responsible activity and opportunities for development in a globally active group of companies.
If this area of responsibility meets your expectations, we look forward to receiving your online application with the usual documents. You can find further information about the company in the career section of our homepage at www.atomic.com.